Let's talk about how to quickly set up a proxy on Windows 11 to secure your computer and all personal data.
The proxy server connects directly to the network and gives the user a new IP address, helping to bypass blocking and remain anonymous on the Internet. In addition, it also prevents attacks from malicious sites and unwanted ads. Therefore, we advise you to set up such a feature on your device, and how to do it - read below.
To configure a proxy, perform the following steps:
1. Click on the Windows icon and select "Settings" from the list.
2. Find the "Network & Internet" item and select the "Proxy" section.
3. Find the "Use a proxy server" item and click on the "Edit" button.
4. In the opened window, turn the toggle switch to the "On" mode to enable the proxy server feature. You need to enter the address and port of your proxy in the required fields below.
5. Here you can insert links to exclusion sites, and then the proxy will not work for them.
6. Save the settings by clicking the "Save" button. The configuration is complete!
You can make sure that you have correctly configured the proxy through your browser. Find any site to check the proxy (just type in the search bar) and check the shown IP address with the address of your server. If they match, then everything is configured correctly.
If the IP has not changed, you need to double-check the settings or contact the service provider for advice.
To disable the configured proxy, you must follow all the steps exactly as in the configuration, disabling the use of the IP address everywhere.
Optionally disable script usage:
1. Find "Network & Internet" > "Proxy"
2. “Use setup script” click on the “Set up” button.
3. In the opened window, move the slider to the "Off" mode and click "Save".
4. In the "Use a proxy server" section, click the "Edit" button.
5. Move the slider to "Off" mode and also click "Save". The proxy is disabled now.